LoadPath provides end-to-end structural testing from test plan development through test design, execution, data analysis, and reporting. We employ advanced equipment to evaluate mechanical systems from material characterization to components and subassemblies to full-scale structural qualification. Our testing expertise spans a wide range of static, dynamic, and thermal methods typical of aerospace structures. Our experienced staff is usually heavily involved from test inception, helping the customer define requirements and to develop a comprehensive test plan. This first, critical step, lays the foundation for success as the test process continues from an initial concept to a reality.
|LoadPath has been conducting static load testing since 1997. Customers include: AFRL, NASA, ORS, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, ULA, Northrup Grumman, TASC, ATK, and MOOG CSA Engineering.
Contact us to learn more about:
5 MTS load frames
- Capacities up to 50,000 lbs
- Two integrated environmental chambers
- ASTM standard fixtures
- Custom component tests
Static Loads Testing
- Nonlinear material characterization
- High-strain flexure testing
- Deployment testing
- MTS Aero Servo-hydraulic control system with fully integrated data acquisition
- 20 channels of load or displacement control
- 320 channels of integrated data acquisition
- Real-time data evaluation and comparison to predicted values
- Extensive experience executing flight qualification, flight acceptance, ground support equipment proof load, strength/failure, buckling, and stiffness tests
- Component-level thermal characterization up to system-level thermal-vacuum testing.
- Conducted reduced gravity testing of oscillating heat pipes, thermal-structural panels, and electro-hydrodynamic pumping.
||High-strain flexure testing apparatus for nonlinear material characterization
||LoadPath designed and conducted the static load qualification test on the Minotaur IV large fairing|
||The 4'x5.8' x 4' thermal vacuum chamber is used for characterization of LoadPath's advanced thermal management systems and subsystem environmental testing |